Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Simplicity 2058 skirt finished

I've finished Simplicity 2058 Amazing Fit skirt. I wasn't expecting great results with the fabric I used but I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out and ready to make this skirt in a variety of fabrics.

Here is the review of this pattern which I wrote for www.sewingpatterns.com

 Pattern Description: Misses/Women's skirt in 2 lengths with individual pieces given for slim, average and curvy fit

Pattern Sizing: 10-18 and 20W to 28 W. I made a Size 16 - Curvy.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it looked like View B

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This is simple pattern which is comfortable to wear and flattering.

Fabric Used: This is a difficult one to answer because I don't know! The fabric has been in my stash for more than 20 years. I think it's got a certain amount of viscose in it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made the waistline area a bit wider for a comfortable fit.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will definitely sew it again in different fabrics. It's the kind of skirt I enjoy wearing. I would definitely recommend it to others. You can chose the length you prefer and it's easy enough for beginners to sew.

Conclusion: A well-designed, basic skirt pattern which can be used to make skirts for all seasons.



                
  I'm still waiting for the two dress patterns I mentioned in my last post to arrive and can't wait to get started on them to take my mind off the freezing, winter weather we are having at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Love your choice of fabric. Lovely skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Πολυ ωραια και καλοραμενη!
    Καλοφορετη!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did a great job :) Love your skirt so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Now I've cut out a dress which I'm making in a fabric I bought in your home town!

      Delete