Friday, March 4, 2011

Simplicty 2648 and 2247 dresses finished!

It's more than two months since I last updated my blog. It's not that I didn't have anything to say, but I have been busy with my sewing and I was a bit lazy about writing. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that I've made two dresses since January and I'm ready to start on the third one.

The first one I made was from Simplicty Amazing Fit pattern 2648 which I talked about in a previous blog post.  Here is the finished dress:

 The front belt is merely a decoration, so I will have to sew it in place to stop it sagging. I am pleased with the fabric. For just 3 euros a metre, it seems to be good quality. I have written a full review of this pattern on

I had also been looking for a suitable pattern to sew the silk and silk crepe fabrics I bought during the summer. I had a few patterns in mind but then I saw Simplicity 2247 and knew it was the right dress for me.

As I was afraid of ruining my precious fabrics, I decided to have a trial run and make it in cheaper cotton fabric I had in my stash. I've just finished it and this is how it turned out:

The photo doesn't really show the shape of the dress but it is much to cold to model summer dresses at this time of the year!  I now feel more confident about sewing this dress in a better fabric like this: