Sunday, October 17, 2010

No picnic this weekend.

As you may have guessed from my blog title, I really love going for picnics in the mountains and by the sea whenever the weather is suitable, which fortunately it often is. All the week had been rainy and cloudy, so we didn't make our usual plans for a picnic. It turned out to be quite a warm, sunny day, so instead we went to one of our favourite tavernas in the mountains near the town of Komotini. Here are a few photos:





Two photos of the restaurant before most people arrived.




Here are a few photos of the food we ordered ( and ate!)



                                  
The dessert was 'revani' ( Semolina cake ) with ice cream and was for both of us. The only problem was ( apart from the many calories) is that they brought us forks to eat it with. Eating ice cream with a fork, especially when it starts to melt, is not exactly easy.

Trying to design a page, chosing font colours and suitable background colours is turning out to be more time consuming than I thought it would be, but I suppose many people have the same problem when they start their blogs, so I won't let it discourage me.

No comments:

Post a Comment