The first one I made was from Simplicty Amazing Fit pattern 2648 which I talked about in a previous blog post. Here is the finished dress:
The front belt is merely a decoration, so I will have to sew it in place to stop it sagging. I am pleased with the fabric. For just 3 euros a metre, it seems to be good quality. I have written a full review of this pattern on http://www.patternreview.com/
I had also been looking for a suitable pattern to sew the silk and silk crepe fabrics I bought during the summer. I had a few patterns in mind but then I saw Simplicity 2247 and knew it was the right dress for me.
As I was afraid of ruining my precious fabrics, I decided to have a trial run and make it in cheaper cotton fabric I had in my stash. I've just finished it and this is how it turned out:
The photo doesn't really show the shape of the dress but it is much to cold to model summer dresses at this time of the year! I now feel more confident about sewing this dress in a better fabric like this: